Certificate in Director Education
Earn a Certificate in Director Education and gain an in-depth understanding of the challenges and key trends taking place in today’s boardrooms. The Certificate in Director Education is for C-suite and board-ready individuals who aspire to serve on public, private and nonprofit boards.
Participants will be provided with an educational framework through timely insights from leading executives, corporate directors, policy makers, financial services experts and academic professionals.
To earn a Certificate in Director Education, participants must attend two Directors Academy programs within a two year period and earn a minimum of 24 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
Enrollment in the certificate program includes:
- Admissions to two Directors Academy programs
- Quarterly webinars committed to ongoing director education
- Resource list and examples for creation of professional board bio
- Profile listing on the Center for Corporate Governance graduates page
- Invitation to Center for Corporate Governance annual signature event, Directors Dialogue Dinner
Topics covered Include:
- Understanding Key Committees: Duties, Roles and Responsibilities
- Determining the impact of Governance on Firm Value
- Strategy and Risk Oversight
- Knowledge of Current Shareholder Concerns
- Fiduciary Responsibilities: Duty of Loyalty; Duty of Care
- The Role of the Board and the “C Suite”