Why Pursue an MS in Finance?
Do you dream of the opportunity to become a financial steward for individuals, corporations, or other organizations? Professionals working in finance play a very important role in the global economy, and Drexel LeBow’s Master’s in Finance degree program will prepare you for this responsibility. Like our MBA program, the MS in Finance program can include an internship or consulting experience with an employer in the finance field.
Drexel Lebow’s Master’s of Science in Finance provides a focused curriculum for financial professionals to truly excel at the science of finance. Many of our students opt to achieve the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation after completion of this program.
Program Details and Delivery
- 54-credit plan of study
- Offered in a traditional face-to-face classroom setting
- Also offered as a Masters in Finance program online
- Full-time program can be completed in 24 months with a break between year one and two
- Part-time program completion times vary by student
- Program begins in the fall term; however students interested in beginning the MS Finance program during winter, spring and summer terms may reach out to the Office of Admissions to inquire about course availability
Plan of Study and Course Requirements
Refer to the Drexel University Catalog for complete degree requirements.
The following items are required for admissions consideration:
- GMAT or GRE score (GMAT preferred)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- TOEFL or IELTS score (for international students)
The admission committee will evaluate your candidacy based on test scores and undergraduate GPA, with some consideration given for work experience. Work experience is preferred and will enhance the composite admission score, but is not mandatory. There is no specific minimum score requirement for GMAT and/or TOEFL as admission is based on a composite score. However, the average GMAT for current graduate students is approximately 600 and TOEFL scores usually exceed 90.
Contact Drexel LeBow’s Graduate Admissions Office directly with any questions concerning required entrance exams (such as the GMAT or GRE), evaluation of undergraduate or graduate records (grades, scores, total years and subjects studied, etc.), and any other issues regarding application to the MS in Business Analytics program.
If you want to learn more about Drexel Lebow’s Master of Science in Finance program, you can attend an information session or request additional information. Ready to apply? Use our online application form to get started!