Why Pursue an MS in Marketing?
Dive deep into the world of the contemporary marketer with Drexel LeBow’s industry-focused Master’s of Science in Marketing degree program.
Marketing practices have dramatically shifted with the rise of big data, advanced marketing research areas such as neuromarketing, and the proliferation of digital marketing and social media. In driving marketplace trends, today’s marketers face an empowered consumer with a variety of media at their disposal. In order to respond to these dynamic markets, marketers now require a higher degree of technical capabilities and the Drexel LeBow Master’s of Science in Marketing provides a solid foundation in marketing strategy, research and planning as well as consumer behavior and global marketing.
The MS in Marketing degree program provides the flexibility for focused training in digital marketing and social media marketing strategies, the psychology of consumer behavior and/or cutting-edge research methodologies and techniques. The MS in Marketing program at our Philadelphia campus is ideal for both marketers looking to broaden their technical skills and make a bigger impact as well as career changers. As part of the Marketing Department, this graduate degree program will emphasize analysis of and critical thinking about complex marketing problems; the development of effective marketing strategies and tactics appropriate to the environmental context and effective promotion utilizing digital and mobile marketing.
Program Details Delivery
- 45 credit master’s program
- Full-time program completion within 15 months
- Part-time program completion in as little as 2 years
Plan of Study and Course Requirements
Refer to the Drexel University Catalog for complete degree requirements and course descriptions.
In addition to a Master of Science degree in business analytics, Drexel Lebow also offers an MBA program with a specialization in marketing for students who are looking for a more generalized business education with a focus in the evolving world of marketing.
LeBow seeks applicants with exceptional ability and motivation. Students who hold a bachelor’s degree, either in marketing or another discipline, may apply to the master’s in marketing program. Students who lack some part of this preparation may be considered for admission conditional on their completing the appropriate undergraduate courses as non-matriculated students during the summer term before they begin the program in the fall.
In reviewing an applicant’s credentials, the following factors will be considered:
- Prior Academic Accomplishments: All course work taken prior to application will be examined, paying particular attention to the specific courses that have been completed. Applicants should have attained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for all undergraduate course work.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT): Applicants are required to submit GRE or GMAT scores. Scores of more than five years old are not accepted.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not already received a degree from a US university must also submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Personal Statement/Essay: Each applicant must submit a personal statement. The personal statement should explain the applicant’s educational and personal experiences that have influenced the decision to pursue an MS and should discuss the candidate’s career plans and goals.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation must be submitted in support of the application. Applicants are strongly encouraged to seek recommendations from academics or other professionals who can assess the applicant’s likelihood of success in the Master’s of Science degree program.
Contact Drexel LeBow’s Graduate Admissions Office directly with any questions concerning required entrance exams (such as the GMAT or GRE), evaluation of undergraduate or graduate records (grades, scores, total years and subjects studied, etc.), and any other issues regarding application to the MS in Business Analytics program.
If you want to learn more about Drexel Lebow’s Master of Science in Marketing program, you can attend an information session or request additional information. Ready to apply? Use our online application form to get started!