15th Annual Global Business Conference
Gearing for growth on a changing global landscape
In cooperation with Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business, the World Trade Center of Greater Philadelphia presents the 15th Annual Global Business Conference. Prepare for a year that promises continued change, challenge and opportunity in the world economy.
7:45 am Registration and Breakfast Networking Session
8:30 am Welcoming Remarks
- Linda Mysliwy Conlin, President, World Trade Center of Greater Philadelphia
- Vibhas Madan, Director, School of Economics, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University
8:40 am A Welcome from the City of Philadelphia
- Harold T. Epps, Director of Commerce, City of Philadelphia
8:45 am The 2018 Global Economic Outlook
- Brendan LaCerda, Economist, Moody’s Analytics
9:15 am Market Panel: China and India
- Alan Turley, Deputy Assistant Secretary for China and Mongolia, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Dr. Mukesh Aghi, President, US-India Strategic Partnership Forum
- Moderated by Craig Snyder, President and CEO, World Affairs Council of Philadelphia
10:00 am Break
10:30 am Roundtable Discussion: The Modernization of NAFTA
- Colin Bird, Minister-Counsellor for Trade and Economic Policy, Embassy of Canada, Washington, D.C.
- Guillermo Malpica, Head of the Trade and NAFTA Office, Embassy of Mexico, Washington, D.C.
- Moderated by: Amgad Shehata, Senior Vice President, International Public Affairs and Strategy, UPS
11:15 am Keynote Address: A New Era in Medicine: Transforming Health Care for Genetic Disease
- Jeffrey D. Marrazzo, Chief Executive Officer, Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
- Interviewed by: Stephanie Stahl, CBS Medical Reporter, KYW-TV
Who should attend?
- International Business