Academic Conference on Corporate Governance
The annual, invitation-only Drexel LeBow Corporate Governance Conference highlights the profound research by top professors around the world on issues related to corporate governance and the boardroom. The conference is highly competitive, with an acceptance rate of papers of approximately 5 percent. Scholars from top universities around the world attend and a high percentage of research presented at the conference is subsequently published in the top journals.
2018 Academic Conference
Welcome Dinner: Thursday, April 19, 2018
Please join us for our annual conference welcome dinner featuring a keynote discussion lead by Robert Main, Head of Portfolio Company Engagement, Analysis, and Voting, Vanguard Investment Stewardship.
Conference: Friday, April 20, 2018
The 11th annual conference will honor the work of David Yermack, Albert Fingerhut Professor of Finance and Business Transformation, New York University Stern School of Business.
2017 Conference Presented Papers
· Compensation Benchmarking and the Peer Effects of Say-on-Pay (Denis, Rajamani, Jochem)
· Institutional Investor Cliques (Crane, Koch, Michenaud)
· The Value of Offshore Secrets – Evidence from the Panama Papers (O’Donovan, Wagner, Zeume)
· Do Loan Officers Impact Lending Decisions? Evidence from the Corporate Loan Market (Gao, Martin, Pacelli)
· Will I Get Paid? Employee Stock Options and Mergers and Acquisitions (Babenkko, Du, Tserlukevich)