Annual Academic Conference
The annual, invitation-only Drexel LeBow Corporate Governance Conference highlights the profound research by top professors around the world on issues related to corporate governance and the boardroom. The conference is highly competitive, with an acceptance rate of papers of approximately 5%. Scholars from top universities around the world attend and a high percentage of research presented at the conference is subsequently published in the top journals.
2017 Academic Conference
Welcome Dinner: Thursday, April 20, 2017
Join us at the award-winning Barbuzzo Mediterranean Kitchen & Bar (110 S 13th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107). The dinner will feature a keynote discussion lead by Ron Lumbra, Regional Leader for the Americas and Partner in the Global CEO & Board of Directors Practice of Heidrick & Struggles.
Conference: Friday, April 21, 2017
Luigi Zingales, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, will be honored at the conference for outstanding contributions to research in corporate governance and present the keynote speech at Friday’s luncheon. He will be introduced by Paola Sapienza, Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University.
Selected Papers to be Presented
- Compensation Benchmarking and the Peer Effects of Say-on-Pay (Denis, Rajamani, Jochem)
- Institutional Investor Cliques (Crane, Koch, Michenaud)
- The Value of Offshore Secrets – Evidence from the Panama Papers (O’Donovan, Wagner, Zeume)
- Do Loan Officers Impact Lending Decisions? Evidence from the Corporate Loan Market (Gao, Martin, Pacelli)
- Will I Get Paid? Employee Stock Options and Mergers and Acquisitions (Babenkko, Du, Tserlukevich)