Academic Conference on Corporate Governance
The annual, invitation-only conference highlights the profound research by top professors around the world on issues related to corporate governance and the boardroom.
2018 Academic Conference
Welcome Dinner: Thursday, April 19, 2018
Please join us for our annual conference welcome dinner featuring a keynote discussion lead by Robert Main, Head of Portfolio Company Engagement, Analysis, and Voting, Vanguard Investment Stewardship.
Conference: Friday, April 20, 2018
The 11th annual conference will honor the work of David Yermack, Albert Fingerhut Professor of Finance and Business Transformation, New York University Stern School of Business.
2018 Conference Presented Papers
- The Limits of Limited Liability: Evidence from Industrial Pollution∗ (Pat Akey, Ian Appel)
- CEO Power and Board Dynamics (John R. Graham, Hyunseob Kim, Mark Leary)
- Institutional investors and corporate governance: The incentive to increase value (Jonathan Lewellen, Katharina Lewellen)
- The Origins and Real Effects of the Gender Gap: Evidence from CEOs’ Formative Years (Ran Duchin, Mike Simutin, Denis Sosyura)
- Selecting Directors Using Machine Learning (Isil Erel, Léa H. Stern, Chenhao Tan, Michael S. Weisbach)