Drexel University's LeBow College of Business's Affiliate, PMCentersUSA, named PMI's 2006 Professional Development Provider of the year
Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business’s Affiliate, PMCentersUSA, named PMI’s 2006 Professional Development Provider of the year
On October 21, 2006, PMCentersUSA, working in affiliation with Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business to offer project management certificate training, was awarded the “2006 PMI Professional Development Provider of the Year Award.” PMCentersUSA’s Executive Director, Walter Bowman, PMI Fellow, PMP®, and President, Mark Balish accepted the award at the 2006 Project Management Institute’s Global Congress held in Seattle, Washington.
PMI® awards the Professional Development Provider of the Year award “to recognize and honor professional development providers who have demonstrated exceptional skills in the delivery of a professional development program in project management.” The award is the result of the national growth and success of PMCentersUSA over the past 2 years. Founded in 1997 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as the Pittsburgh Project Management Center (PPMC), the organization delivers an in-depth Master’s Certificate in Project Management program through a number of renowned “Top 50” Business Schools.
In 1999, PPMC became affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh’s, Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, and in the year 2003 began working with Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business.
Its partnership with LeBow College was created to deliver innovative career development resources for project managers in the Philadelphia area. A joint Master’s Certificate in Project Management exposes professionals from diverse industries and backgrounds to the most advanced trends, methodologies and skills necessary to develop a keen proficiency in project management. Taught by experienced practitioners, many of whom are leaders in the field, the Master’s Certificate program enables professionals to accelerate their career opportunities and gain new perspectives in one of the fastest growing professions in business today.
PMCentersUSA, with LeBow College of Business, offers three tracks toward professional development in project management.
- The Master’s Certificate Track consists of 6 focused courses in project management. When the program is completed, students receive a Master’s Certificate from Drexel University, which designates that they have been successful in their study of project management at this level.
- The PMP Track offers these same 6 courses but adds a seventh course in theprogram, PMP Examination Preparation, presented for those seeking to take PMI’s PMP® certification exam. This course reviews all materials presented in the program through a series of sample exams and instructor explanations of correct answers.
- The most comprehensive track, the Advanced Track includes the 6 core classes, the PMP Examination Preparation as well as 3 advanced classes. Advanced classes assume that participants are knowledgeable in project management principles and techniques addressed in the Master’s Certificate in Project Management Program.
Over the past 2 years, PMCentersUSA refocused it efforts on a national expansion, PPMC changed its name to PMCentersUSA and developed affiliations with additional universities including:
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business, Executive Education
- University of Houston - Clear Lake, Center for Advanced Management Programs (CAMP)
- Belmont University, Center for Professional Development
- University of South Carolina, Moore School of Business, Executive Education
PMCentersUSA attributes its tremendous growth to the high quality of its courseware and the commitment to excellence in training delivery through its joint affiliations with prestigious universities throughout the US.
In August of 1999, PMCentersUSA became a Charter Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute. This requires an acceptance and adherence to all PMI R.E.P. program policies, requirements, and rules concerning the provision of professional educational activities and materials. PMCentersUSA’s association with PMI signifies that its instruction is of the highest quality and in complete compliance with the internationally accepted project management standards established in PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
About PMI: With more than 210,000 members in nearly 150 countries, PMI is the world’s largest professional association for the advancement and advocacy of the project management profession. PMI is actively engaged in setting professional standards, conducting research and promoting career and professional development, certification, networking and community involvement opportunities. For more information, please visit www.pmi.org.
About PMCentersUSA: Founded in 1997, PMCentersUSA is a Charter Global Registered Education Provider for the international Project Management Institute delivering complete solutions in project management. These solutions include public and private training, and enterprise-level project management services. PMCentersUSA is dedicated exclusively to providing excellence in corporate project management education. We have teamed with universities across the nation to deliver cross-industry and cross-functional PMI® aligned project management training.
1 PMI®, PMP®, and PMBOK® are federally registered trade and service marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc., Four Campus Boulevard, Newton Square, PA 19073-3299 USA.