To add an exception to an exam, it must already be deployed in one of the course folder locations. Once the test is deployed, follow these steps:
- Find the deployed test link in your Bb LEARN course shell.
- Hover over the title of the test and click the drop-down arrow that appears to the right.
- Choose “Edit Test Options” from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Test Availability Exceptions” and click “Add User or Group.”
- You will be presented with a class roster in a new window. Select the name or names of the student(s) you would like to add exceptions for and click “Submit” at the bottom of the window. NOTE: This can also be done for a group of students if you’ve configured student groups in LEARN.
- Now you can edit the individual time settings for each student. Be sure to add a date range for each student in the Availability column by clicking the small calendar icon.
- Once you are satisfied with your test options, including the exceptions, click “Submit” at the top or bottom of the page.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are adding an exception that has an availability start or end date that extends beyond the due date of the test, and the “Do not allow students to start if the due date has passed” option is selected, the exception WILL NOT work. That option must be unchecked in order for the exception to work properly.