TurnItIn is a 3rd party tool that is built into Blackboard LEARN. With it, instructors can check student papers to see where citations came from and to verify that sources are cited properly. This tool is used in place of the traditional Blackboard LEARN Assignment dropbox and integrates with the LEARN Grade Center. The tutorial video demonstrates how to create an TurnItIn assignment and access the originality reports in Blackboard.
Step By Step
- Log in to the Blackboard LEARN course in which you want to add the TurnItIn assignment.
- Navigate to the folder or area within the course where you want the dropbox to appear.
- Go to Assessments > TurnItIn.
- Fill in the information. Be sure to give the assignment a title, point value, and fill in the three dates the page requests. For more information on each of these fields, hover over the question mark symbol next to each.
- Once you are satisfied with the options, click Submit.