Graduate Management Consulting Experiences
As part of the experiential learning component, Drexel graduate students take on real-world consulting projects by working with and presenting solutions to various business clients and addressing their business challenges. Client project teams composed of students, faculty and mentors implement cutting-edge concepts and tools and bring an array of experience and innovative ideas to the table. Business consulting courses are available to all graduate and undergraduate students as an elective that can be applied toward a concentration or specialization. LeBow graduate students have consulted for Fortune 500 firms, nonprofits, large financial institutions and major pharmaceutical companies.
Students have the opportunity to apply their business knowledge, skills and experience, upholding Drexel’s tradition of career-integrated education to promote positive contributions to local communities all while completing their graduate studies.
Business consulting topics can include:
- Economics: Planning, resources, forecasting, statistical analysis
- Finance: Expenditure control, cost-effectiveness, new-project feasibility and budgeting
- Human Resources: Communication, compensation, compliance, training and recruiting
- Information Systems: Data analysis, database development, Internet marketing, management reporting systems and website design
- Management: Business plans, grant proposals
- Marketing: Advertising, new-product development, public relations and research
- Operations Management: Operations research, planning and controlling, systems analysis and work standard analysis