Research Fellowships allow undergraduate students to engage in high-level research with department faculty for 150 hours per quarter, putting them on the path to becoming research assistants.
Pathway of Undergraduate Research Fellows to Research Assistants
- Pre-enrollment/Recruitment (May)
- Fellows Meet and Greet Lunch (September)
- Research Discussion and Faculty Panel (January)
- STAR Scholar Pairing with Faculty Mentor (April)
- Introduction to Research Course (April to June)
- 10-week STAR Scholars Program (June to September)
- Interview for Research Assistant Placement (August)
- Research Poster Exhibition (September)
- Information Session with Prospective STAR Scholars (December)
- Research Assistant Commitment - 150 hours of faculty assistance per quarter (Fall/winter)
- Research Submission (Fall/winter of year 4)
- Research Co-op Option (Spring/summer of year 4)
- Present Research Findings at National Conference (Year 5)
Interested in becoming a Research Fellow? Apply today!