Research Fellowships allow undergraduate students to engage in high-level research with department faculty for 150 hours per quarter, putting them on the path to becoming research assistants. Research fellowships are paid positions and the commitment spans a student’s academic career at Drexel University.
Only incoming first-year students of the LeBow College of Business are eligible to apply for Research Fellowships. Students are first accepted into the fellowship, and then automatically enrolled in the STAR Scholars Program.
In year one, students take Research Methods I and II, are paired with a faculty mentor and complete the STAR Scholars program. In years two and three students will have individual term goals such as manual script development or learning necessary software, attending trainings/workshops, etc.
By year four, students are expected to have a mastery of manuscript writing. Interested students can also pursue a research co-op. In year five, students are expected to provide 150 hours of research assistance per quarter. They also submit a research paper and present their findings at a national conference.
Pathway of Undergraduate Research Fellows to Research Assistants
- Pre-enrollment/Recruitment (May)
- Fellows Meet and Greet Lunch (September)
- Research Discussion and Faculty Panel (January)
- STAR Scholar Pairing with Faculty Mentor (April)
- Introduction to Research Course (April to June)
- 10-week STAR Scholars Program (June to September)
- Interview for Research Assistant Placement (August)
- Research Poster Exhibition (September)
- Information Session with Prospective STAR Scholars (December)
- Research Assistant Commitment - 150 hours of faculty assistance per quarter (Fall/winter)
- Research Submission (Fall/winter of year 4)
- Research Co-op Option (Spring/summer of year 4)
- Present Research Findings at National Conference (Year 5)
Interested in becoming a Research Fellow? Apply today!