Academic Conference on Corporate Governance
The annual, invitation-only conference highlights the profound research by top professors around the world on issues related to corporate governance and the boardroom.
2019 Academic Conference
April 12, 2019
The Raj & Kamla Gupta Governance Institute invites you to join us for our 12th Annual Corporate Governance Conference. This year’s conference honoree is David Denis, Roger S. Ahlbrandt, Sr. Chair Professor of Business Administration at the University of Pittsburgh Katz School of Business. This year, the pre-conference dinner on Thursday evening will feature a special recognition of everything Ralph Walkling has done to develop this conference into what it is today. Ralph started this conference 12 years ago, and under his leadership it has grown into a leading academic conference within the field of corporate governance.
For the first time this year, there will be a best paper award of $1,000 sponsored by WRDS.
Register now for the 2019 Academic Conference.
2019 Conference Papers
- Director Bankruptcy experience and corporate risk taking. By Gopalan, Gormley and Kalda
- Organized crime and firms: evidence from Italy. By Slutzky and Zeume
- Why are firms with more managerial ownership worth less? By Fabisik, Fahlenbrach, Stulz, and Taillard
- Quasi-insider shareholder activism: corporate governance at the periphery of control. By Cohn, Towner and Virani
- How does engagement affect the trading and performance of an active manager? By Becht, Franks and Wagner