Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business and the Philadelphia Business Journal announce the 2008 CFO of the Year Awards. Presented by Marsh, these awards will be given to financial professionals in the Delaware Valley for outstanding performance in their roles as corporate financial stewards.
Please submit your nominations by:
Friday, April 25, 2008, at 5 p.m.
- Nominee must be a Chief Financial Officer or hold an equivalent title
- Minimum period of service is three successive years (does not apply to the Turnaround Achievement award)
- Must work in Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware, Chester or Montgomery county in Pennsylvania or in Burlington, Gloucester or Camden county in New Jersey
- All nominations must be acknowledged and endorsed by the nominee
- Employees of sponsors or their representatives will not be considered
Awards will be provided in six categories. Between three and five finalists will be selected in each category. Nominees may apply for consideration in the Turnaround Achievement category in addition to one other category.
- Small Company (less than 100 employees)
- Medium Company (100-499 employees)
- Large Company (500-999 employees)
- Extra Large Company (1,000 or more employees)
- Nonprofit Company
- Turnaround Achievement
An independent panel of judges will select winners based on the following:
- Financial management: Demonstrated contribution to the company’s growth and/or profitability, with quantitative examples
- Strategic thinking: Provide details of how his/her ideas or initiatives strengthened the company’s strategic market position. Indicate success in overcoming business challenges
- Contribution to the company’s reputation: Demonstrated commitment to fiscal integrity and accountability. Contributions outside the company (nonprofit work, community involvement, etc.) will also be considered
- Turnaround success: To be considered for the Turnaround Achievement award, please include a 500-word narrative describing a successful turnaround
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
Winners and finalists will be recognized at the 2008 CFO of the Year Awards luncheon on Thursday, July 17 at the Sheraton City Center, and will be featured in a special section of the July 18 issue of the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Questions? Contact Samantha Rich at 215.238.5106 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CFO Alliance, PICPA, Robert Half International and RSM McGladrey