STEM Designated Program
STEM Designated Degree Programs are designated by the Department of Homeland Security. F-1 students can apply for a 17-month OPT Extension if they:
- Receive a STEM degree
- Are employed by employers enrolled in the E-Verify system
- Have received an initial approval of Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) employment authorization related to such a degree
The 17-month OPT Extension is only available to each student one time and cannot be applied for again. Students must apply for the 17-month OPT extension prior to the expiration of their Post-Completion OPT. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) accept 17-month OPT Extension applications as early as 120 days before the expiration of a Post-Completion OPT.
STEM Designated Degree Programs in the LeBow College of Business include:
- BS in Economics (45.0603 Econometrics and Quantitative Economics)
- MS in Business Analytics (52.1302 Business Statistics)
- MS in Economics (45.0603 Econometrics and Quantitative Economics)
- MS in Supply Chain Management and Logistics (52.1301 Management Science)
- PhD in Economics (45.0603 Econometrics and Quantitative Economics)
Detailed information and assistance on OPT is available from the Office of International Students and Scholars Services. For more infromation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.