9th Annual Academic Conference
April 15, 2016
The Center for Corporate Governance invites you to join us for our annual Academic Conference on Corporate Governance. The conference features theoretical and empirical research related to corporate governance with a slight preference to the conference honoree. Each year the conference honors a researcher with an award for outstanding contributions to research in corporate governance and invites them to present the keynote speech during the conference. This year’s conference honoree is Laura T. Starks, Dean ad interim and Charles E. and Sarah M. Seay Regents Chair in Finance at the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin. Previous recipients were Jonathan Karpoff, Michael Jensen, Rene Stulz, Andrei Shleifer, Steven Kaplan, Harold Demsetz, Kevin Murphy and Michael Weisbach.
Welcome Dinner - April 14, 2016
Keynote Speaker – Nance Dicciani, Founder and CEO, RTM Vital Signs, LLC, Director, LyondellBasell Industries NV, Halliburton Company, AgroFresh Solutions Inc. and Praxair Inc.
- Debt Contracting on Management - Brain Akins, David De Angelis, and Maclean Gaulin
- Creditor Control Rights and Resource Allocation within Firms - Nuri Ersahin, Rustom Irani and Hanh Le
- Inside Debt and Corporate Investment - Joonil Lee, Kevin Murphy, Peter Oh and Marshall Vance
- Influencing Control: Jawboning in Risk Arbitrage - Wei Jiang, Tao Li and Danqing Mei
- Public versus Private Provision of Governance: The Case of Proxy Access - Tara Bhandari, Peter Iliev and Jonathan Kalodim