10th Annual Academic Conference
Welcome Dinner: Thursday, April 20, 2017
Join us at the award-winning Barbuzzo Mediterranean Kitchen & Bar (110 S 13th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107). The dinner will feature a keynote discussion lead by Ron Lumbra, Regional Leader for the Americas and Partner in the Global CEO & Board of Directors Practice of Heidrick & Struggles.
Conference: Friday, April 21, 2017
Luigi Zingales, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, will be honored at the conference for outstanding contributions to research in corporate governance and present the keynote speech at Friday’s luncheon. He will be introduced by Paola Sapienza, Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University.
Selected Papers to be Presented
- Compensation Benchmarking and the Peer Effects of Say-on-Pay (Dennis, Rajamani, Torsten)
- Institutional Investor Cliques (Crane, Koch, Michenaud)
- The Value of Offshore Secrets – Evidence from the Panama Papers (O’Donovan, Wagner, Zeume)
- What Begets Loan Performance? The Human Factor in the Corporate Lending Market (Gao, Martin, Pacelli)
- Will I Get Paid? Employee Stock Options and Mergers and Acquisitions (Babenkko, Du, Tserlukevich)