The LeBow Launch
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Come to Drexel early and jump start your fall term in this early-arrival leadership program.
LeBow Launch is set to occur on campus at this time. However, if the program has to be cancelled due to the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, a full refund will be issued.
LeBow Launch is a two-day introductory leadership program designed to provide incoming LeBow College of Business first-year students with a head start on college by allowing them to explore key business concepts and sharpen leadership skills that will prepare them to tackle the coursework ahead.
Skills essential to success in business include strong leadership and analytical skills combined with the ability to communicate effectively. Students will participate in case studies and team-building activities, all while building community and exploring their new home away from home.
Working in teams, students will engage in a business simulation and experience the power and necessity of teamwork. All learning activities will culminate in an oral team presentation at the conclusion of the two-day program.
There is a $250 charge to cover meals, program materials and experiences. Students who have room assignments for the fall term will move into the residence halls Thursday, September 9, between 8–11 a.m. There is no additional charge for early move-in.
NOTE: If you plan to live on campus and participate in this course, you must move in during this time.
Register today! Your Drexel account (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) is needed to complete this registration. Your Drexel computer account is used to gain access to all of the functions of the Computer Accounts Management Service. You will need this for access to coursework and to communicate with faculty. Please be sure that you have picked up your account. New to Drexel? Pick up your accounts first.
Don’t delay — space is limited! Payment is due upon registration. Registration is confirmed once course payment is received.
Thursday, September 9
- 8–11 a.m.: Move into residence halls
- 12–1 p.m.: Kick-off luncheon
- 1–1:30 p.m.: LeBow 101: Tips and Tricks for Student Success (presented by LeBow’s Dean’s Student Advisory Board)
- 2:00–5 p.m.: Teambuilding Activity
- 7:05–10 p.m.: Phillies vs. Rockies (dinner voucher included)
Friday, September 10
- 9–11 a.m.: Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
- 11–11:30 a.m.: Student Success Team Spotlight
- 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.: Lunch and free time
- 1:30–4 p.m.: Nonprofit Consulting Challenge and pitch competition launch
- 4–5 p.m.: Pitch presentations
- 5–8 p.m.: Dinner and social activity
Who should attend?
- Confirmed Students
- BS Business Administration
- BS in Economics
- BA in Economics
- BS Business & Engineering
- Decision Sciences and MIS
- Business Analytics
- Management Information Systems
- Productions Operations Management
- Real Estate
- International Business
- General Business
- Legal Studies
- Strategy and Technology Innovation Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Sport Business