What We Do
We provide college-wide support for learning technologies and multimedia production. We support faculty in developing meaningful and engaging learning experiences for online, hybrid, remote-synchronous and in-person courses, and we provide guidance and support in the use of instructional technologies and pedagogy.
In addition, we offer multimedia production services for small projects.
Our connections to the world have changed dramatically over the last decade. Some feel that higher education has not kept pace with the changes in the world at large. Our belief is that learning can and should be engaging and interactive, leveraging available technologies that promote active learning and collaboration.
Drexel LEARN Support
We offer LMS support including the following:
- Initial setup of learning management system (LMS) course shells
- Use of Drexel LEARN (i.e. Blackboard LEARN) tools and features
- Setup of online assessments, activities and assignments
- Tailoring Drexel LEARN for hybrid, online or remote course delivery or as a supplement to in-person instruction.
We offer assistance with the following:
- Recording of lectures for online courses or when in-person instructors will be away from campus
- Digitization of DVD videos for online delivery
- Consulting on guidelines for using copyrighted content
- Polling and survey software, including in-class audience response systems (ARS)
- Peer evaluation feedback tools for student project teams
Media Production Services
Here are the media services we can provide:
- Small video projects (for instruction or marketing purposes)
- Loan of simple video equipment to faculty/staff for other types of events or projects
- For event recording, please use Drexel IT’s VCaP request form. Click the button for Video Services and then choose “Event Streaming or Archiving.”
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 215.895.2314. Walk-ins to our 5th floor suite in G. Hall are welcome or request an appointment to meet with us in-person or via Zoom about any of your instructional technology needs.