Instructional Technology Support
What We Do
We provide college-wide support for learning technologies and multimedia development. We support faculty in developing meaningful and engaging learning experiences for online, hybrid and face-to-face courses, and we provide guidance and support in the use of instructional technologies.
In addition, we offer multimedia production services for small projects.
Our connections to the world have changed dramatically over the last decade, but some feel that higher education has not kept pace with the world at large. Our belief is that learning can and should be engaging and interactive, leveraging available technologies that promote active learning and collaboration.
Drexel Learn Support
We offer LMS support including the following:
- Initial setup of learning management system (LMS) course shells
- Use of Drexel Learn (i.e. Blackboard) tools and features
- Setup of online assessments
- Tailoring Drexel Learn for hybrid course delivery or as a supplement to face-to-face instruction.
We offer assistance with the following:
- Recording of lectures for online courses or when instructors will be away from campus
- Digitization of DVD videos for online delivery
- Consulting on guidelines for using copyrighted content
- Polling and survey software, including in-class response systems
- Peer evaluation feedback tools for student project teams
Media Production Services
Here are the media services we can provide:
- Small video projects (for instructional or marketing purposes)
- Loan of basic video equipment to faculty/staff for other types of events or projects
- For event recording, please use Drexel IT’s VCaP request form.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 215.895.2314. Walk-ins to our 5th floor suite in G. Hall are welcome or make an appointment to meet with us about any of your instructional technology needs.