Professional Development for Retail Leaders: A Self-Reflective Approach
This course can be taken as part of the Certificate in Executive Retail & Merchandising Leadership, or it can be taken as a stand-alone course.
Retail leaders have more responsibilities than any other employee. The individual runs the daily operations of the business, from overseeing a team of employees to managing the store’s inventory. Most retail leaders tend to quickly focus on external factors like processes, people and targeted goals. But how often do they spend time focusing on themselves? Finding success in this profession commences with the person’s ability to examine one’s own thoughts and feelings. Research shows that introspection is critical for self-knowledge and building self-awareness. This is the journey to self-management and relationship-building for effective leaders.
In this module, participants will reflect by looking inward to who they are, what they value and what motivates them as retail leaders.
Topics Covered Include:
- Creating a sustainable, personal leadership development plan
- Discovering processes and strategies to grow leadership competencies
- Unveiling the effective skills and key areas of focus for retail leaders
Course Meetings Times:
- Tuesday, Jan. 11 (6–7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Jan. 25 (6–7:30 p.m.)
Who should attend?
- Business Community
- Higher Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Executive Retail and Merchandising Leadership