Before an exception may be added to an exam, the exam must already be deployed in one of the course folder locations. Once the exam is deployed, follow the steps below:
- Find the deployed test link in your Bb LEARN course shell
- Hover over the title of the test, and click the drop-down arrow that appears to the right
- Choose Edit the Test Options from the menu that appears:
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Test Availability Exceptions,” and click Add User or Group:
You will be presented with a class roster in a new window. Select the name or names of the student(s) you would like to add exceptions for, and click Submit at the bottom of the window. NOTE: This can also be done for a group of students if you’ve configured student groups in LEARN.
Now you can edit the individual time settings for each selected student, including the amount of time given, the number of available attempts, and the date range when the assignment will be made available:
- Once you are satisfied with your test options, including the exceptions, click Submit at the top or bottom of the page
PLEASE NOTE: If you are adding an exception that has an availability start or end date that extends beyond the due date of the test, and the “Do not allow students to start if the due date has passed” option is selected, the exception WILL NOT work. “Do not allow students to start if the due date has passed” must be unchecked in order for the exception to work properly.