Preparing Microsoft Remote Desktop for Local Files
NOTE: You only need to configure Microsoft Remote Desktop the first time you use a vApp. After you have completed the configuration, it will be saved to the vApp shortcut for all future use.
Windows 10 Users
LCB vApps run under Windows 10 are automatically configured to share your local hard drive with the vApp software. No further preparation is necessary.
- Launch Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Select the vApp you wish to work with.
- Select the pencil icon next to the vApp name.
- Select the Local Resources tab.
- Confirm the Folders option is checked.
- Select the + icon at the bottom of the Folders window.
- Browse to the location where your files are stored.
- It is recommended that you browse to Your HD -> Users -> Your Username and use this folder as it will provide access to all areas of your computer including your Desktop, Documents and Downloads folders.
- Select Save.
Opening Local Files in LCB vApps
- Lauch the vApp.
- For instructions on how to launch the vApp, refer to https://www.lebow.drexel.edu/resources/technology/knowledge-base/using-lcb-vapps.
- From the File menu, select Open.
- Within the open file window, select Network.
- Select tsclient and then select Open.
- Select the tsclient\xxxx folder path that corresponds to your locally save files and then select Open.
- Continue to browse to the file you wish to work with.
- Select your file and then select Open.