Goal: Create an environment in which all students, staff, faculty and other stakeholders feel welcomed and respected.
Led by: Jeffrey Levine, JD, PhD, assistant clinical professor of sport business
Ingrain diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) into LeBow’s DNA:
- Create a DEI mission statement to guide expectations for an inclusive culture.
- Create a DEI strategic plan to operationalize DEI efforts at LeBow.
- Integrate DEI into LeBow’s strategic plan.
- Appoint a DEI practitioner to lead, assess, support and guide DEI programming, practices, policies and procedures.
- Create a DEI Advisory Council with student, faculty, staff and alumni representation.
Incorporate DEI in programming:
- Ensure that events include representation from diverse populations.
- Offer ongoing programming that highlights DEI as a business and leadership competency and discusses current trends and issues in DEI.
- Create Inclusive Impact Day, an annual co-curricular event that includes business leaders, students, faculty, staff, alumni and business leaders.
Incorporate DEI in external partnerships:
- Corporate: Create metrics to assess potential partners to ensure that their organizations value DEI, including DEI practices, policy, procedures and leadership team and/or board of directors.
- Community: Develop civic engagement and/or partnerships with community groups that leverage faculty, staff, student and alumni thought leadership and mentorship to advance education in business and create a pipeline of applicants.
- Nonprofit: Utilize students, faculty, staff and alumni to provide support, expertise and/or pro-bono consulting services to local nonprofit organizations.
Develop DEI Marketing and Communications:
- Revamp the LeBow DEI website to share stories that represent and reflect the diversity of our stakeholders (prospective students and their families, current students, and external partners) and provide information about programs and initiatives.
- Create internal and external diversity marketing plans to extend the impact of DEI programming and resources at LeBow and raise awareness of the stories and successes of LeBow’s Black/African American and Hispanic/Latinx students.
- Tag LeBow DEI events and programs as “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.”