Transparency and Accountability
Goal: Create methods to hold individuals and units accountable for actively participating and engaging in the advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives at LeBow and create transparency around these advancements.
Dashboard: See oversight, timelines, accountability and status of recommendations for transparency and accountability at LeBow
Led by: Mark Stehr, PhD, director of the School of Economics
- Create a LeBow College of Business DEI Dashboard to assess and measure the progress of DEI initiatives by department, including recruitment, retention, engagement, programming, and learning and professional development.
- Create an area for faculty to report DEI-related service in the FARE system.
- Report faculty involvement in DEI in the College’s annual report to the University.
- Report on DEI-related course content or how courses are being modified to incorporate DEI in the teaching section of the annual report in FARE. We’d recommend reporting course by course and including in the previous year’s data for accurate measurement.
- Faculty/Staff Career Advancement:
- Add a DEI component to the tenure and promotion assessment.
- Add a DEI component to the annual performance review.
Dashboard: Transparency and Accountability
|Dashboard Status Key|
|= Emerging||= Progressing||= Completed|
|Recommendation||Oversees Implementation||Timeline||Accountability Measure||Status|
|Create an LCOB DEI Dashboard to assess and measure progress of DEI initiatives per department including but not limited to recruitment, retention, engagement, programming, learning & professional development.||Dean, Marketing & Comm||Fall 2021||Dashboard appears on LeBow website||Completed|
|Faculty report DEI related service (e.g. co- curricular) on annual report in FARE system. College annual report for the university—report the faculty involvement on that.||Dean, DEI Action Group Core||Fall 2022 Review||FARE annual system updated; LeBow Annual Report||Progressing|
|Report DEI related course content or how courses are being modified to incorporate DEI in teaching section of faculty annual report. This should be reported course by course.||Dean, DEI Action Group Core||Fall 2022 Review||Annual Review System Update||Progressing|
|Faculty/Staff Career Advancement: DEI component added to tenure & promotion assessment. DEI component added to Annual Performance Review.||Dean, University HR, DEI Action Group Core||Fall 2022 Review||Annual Review System Updated||Progressing|