Videos stored in Drexel Streams will play with the default permissions when deployed in Blackboard. However, if you would like to make a video viewable outside of Blackboard, you must first change the Publishing Status in order for the video to play properly.
Navigating to Drexel Streams
- Log into Drexel One at one.drexel.edu
- Navigate to the Campus + Community tab on the top-right
- Scroll down to the bottom-right of the page until you see the “Technology Services” section
- Click on Drexel Streams
Updating a Video’s Publishing Status
- Locate the video in the My Media tab
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the video
- Select the Publish settings tab, then select the Unlisted option, and click the Save button to change the publishing status
- Click on the Details tab, then select Go to Media
- Under the Share tab, copy the Link to Media Page
- Use this link to share the video with users outside of Blackboard
Reminder: You will only need to change a video’s Publishing Status if you want to share a video outside of Blackboard. Videos that you want to share with students within your Blackboard course should be added to Blackboard using the Kaltura Media tool.