Are you high achiever who’s up for the ultimate challenge?
LeBow’s BS/MBA is a special degree program that provides academically qualified students with the opportunity to earn both a bachelor's degree and an MBA in the time normally required for the undergraduate degree at Drexel University. The program combines the advantage of practical work experience in the renowned Drexel Co-op with the graduate credentials of a nationally recognized MBA degree.
Even with its accelerated pace, the program can accommodate a student’s individual academic interests. Several options to meet specific program requirements are available at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and these options should be reviewed thoroughly with an advisor.
Due to the demanding scheduling requirements of the program, several restrictions and conditions pertain to eligibility. Also, early planning for this program in highly recommended.
(admitted directly from high school):
- A combined score of 1300 SAT is required for admission.
- A high school GPA of 3.5 or greater is required for admission.
- Applicants must have graduated in the top 10% of the senior class.
In addition, applicants joining the program as freshmen must also complete guidelines one, two, three and five listed below for internal applicants. Transfer students are not eligible for the BS/MBA option.
(admitted as an undergraduate student):
- A cumulative Drexel undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2 is required upon application.
- A cumulative Drexel undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2 is required throughout the program.
- A mandatory planning meeting with the BS/MBA advisor before the end of winter term Freshmen Year.
- Application must take place after a minimum of 24 credits is earned and before the conclusion of spring term Freshman Year.
- Applicants must take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and achieve a minimum score of 570* before the end of term ten (see the attached schedule) in order to be accepted to the graduate portion of the program. Two academic letters of reference are also due by the end of term ten. (*Minimum GMAT score is set by Drexel University's LeBow College of Business (LCB) and is subject to change.)
- Applicants currently registered as LCB five-year co-op students will be changed to the four-year co-op option upon acceptance into the program.
To apply for this program, complete the BS/MBA application, available in the Office of Undergraduate Advising, Room 012 of Matheson Hall. A plan of study must be completed with the assistance of your undergraduate advisor, Room 012 Matheson Hall. Return this package to the Office of Undergraduate Advising. Once the application is received, it will be reviewed for provisional acceptance to the undergraduate portion of the BS/MBA program.
Two sealed letters of recommendation from current professors and a resume are required four terms before you plan to enter the graduate part of the program along with an official GMAT report showing a score of 570 or higher. Student status in the BS/MBA program will remain provisional pending successful completion of the GMAT and recommendation requirements. Early planning for this program is essential.
For further information please contact:
Assistant Director, Student Services
Drexel University's LeBow College of Business