Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This course can be taken as part of the Digital Marketing Certificate or it can be taken as a stand alone course.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is about understanding what people are searching for online, the answers they are seeking, the words they’re using, and the type of content they wish to consume. Knowing these answers will allow you to better connect to the individuals who search online for the solutions you offer. In this course, participants will learn the fundamentals of how search engines work and the major ranking algorithm components of organic searches.
Topics covered include:
- The differences between paid and organic search results
- Exploring the history of SEO and how to stay informed in a fast-paced industry
- How web pages can communicate with search engines in their own language
- Different types of search results, and how a user’s search can change them based on consumer behavior
- Keyword research tools, techniques, and strategies
- How authority is used in ranking web pages
- How to improve a website’s popularity and user experience
- How to optimize for local SEO and the differences between local and national SEO campaigns
- An introduction to non-traditional search engines such as Amazon and YouTube
- How to translate complex SEO issues into business goals for key stakeholders
Course Meetings Times
- Wednesday, March 17, 6-7:30 pm (online)
- Wednesday, March 24, 6-7:30 pm (online)
- Wednesday, March 31, 6-7:30 pm (online)
- Wednesday, April 7, 6-7:30 pm (online)
Who should attend?
- Business Community
- Higher Education
- Executive MBA
- Continuing Professional Education