Retail Employment and Recruitment Strategies
This course can be taken as part of the Certificate in Executive Retail Leadership, or it can be taken as a stand-alone course.
Landing the ideal job can be extremely difficult, and searching for a new career can be a full-time job in and of itself. In this module, the instructor will share insights from a corporate perspective on what recruiters are seeking in job candidates. They will also share interview and hiring strategies for current managers as well as employment strategy approaches for store and corporate levels. For those looking to hire key retail talent, or individuals looking to advance in their career and enhance their résumé focus, this session is not to be missed in order to enrich professional development.
Topics Covered Include:
- Identifying focus, key descriptors and language to enhance résumé appeal
- Understanding how transferrable skills can work to gain employment
- Making your interview memorable for you AND the recruiter
- Understanding the job description and whether you are a good match
Course Meetings Times:
- Tuesday, Aug. 10 (6–7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Aug. 24 (6–7:30 p.m.)
Who should attend?
- Business Community
- Higher Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Executive Retail Leadership