Master of Science in Economics
Gain a mastery of modern economics and the analytical skills needed to succeed in today’s job market. Drexel LeBow’s MS in Economics is a flexible program—full-time and part-time—that delivers a solid foundation in micro and macroeconomic theory, statistics and econometrics, and more. Research-active faculty teach the vast majority of MS in Economics core courses, and students have access to experiential opportunities at LeBow such as business consulting courses.
This program offers the flexibility to meet the needs of MS in Economics students with a variety of career interests. Available tracks include:
- Public Policy Track – Ideal for students interested in working in government or nonprofit sectors.
- Industry Track – Ideal for students interested in working for the private sector.
- Academic Research Track – Ideal for students interested in pursuing PhD programs.
Program Details and Delivery
- Full-time and part-time options are available. The program can be completed in as little as 18 months
- This is an official STEM Designated Degree Program, ranked among the Top 25 STEM Colleges for 2018 by Forbes.
To help you achieve your career and/or academic goals, economics and related business electives are offered in many disciplines, including managerial economics, public finance, international economics and health economics.
Enrich your graduate studies in economics with supplemental knowledge and skills that provide additional professional expertise through a Graduate Minor. Examples of minors that may benefit MS in Economics students include: Computer Science, Business Analytics Management or Health Economics. You also have access to interdisciplinary elective courses from across Drexel University in areas such as math, public policy or public health.
LeBow offers merit-based scholarships as well as Underrepresented Minority (URM) Scholarships.
Master of Science in Economics & Computer Science
Drexel’s MS in Economics & Computer Science is a new degree built to prepare students to design the virtual marketplaces of the future. This program combines training in advanced computational and econometric techniques to prepare students for a variety of jobs in the private and public sector.