LeBow students, faculty and staff may submit messaging for posting to the network of displays throughout GHall. This service is also available to all recognized LeBow College of Business student groups. Student organizations must also be recognized by Drexel’s Office of Campus Engagement. Designs including profanity, promoting alcohol/drug use or violating any other item in Drexel Student Code of Conduct will be denied. LeBow Office of Communications will review all submissions and reserves the right to reject any message.
Using PowerPoint to Create your Monitor Message
To create a monitor graphic, you may download a pre-designed Powerpoint file sized specifically for GHall monitors. If you create your own graphic, please use the following specs:
- PNG or JPG format
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- A resolution of at least 72 ppi
- Generally, good messaging includes a strong headline, brief supporting copy consisting of the most important details, an impactful image or background color and a call to action (e.g. register, attend, sign up…) Be creative! You want your message to get noticed.
- Please include a clear call to action in your message — it’s important to provide a next step for viewers who are interested in your ad. This might be a link to register, a QR code or brief instructions, e.g. “Register now via DragonLink” or “No registration required to attend”
- Add content and images by keeping a reasonable margin on all sides so nothing runs the risk of being cut off.
- Monitor messages rotate for a duration of 30 seconds, so be sure your messaging is concise.
- Proofread your files carefully so that date, time and contact info or URL are accurate.
- Avoid using type smaller than 20 points.
- Use no more than one or two different fonts. Avoid fonts that are too thin or very decorative since they are difficult to read.
- Leave “http://” off web addresses.
- Use AP format for times (a.m./p.m.)
- It is often helpful to include a QR code for any links so viewers can access the destination easily from their mobile device. QR codes can be created for free from Wix. It is recommended to include a secondary call to action (e.g. a link or instructions) in case viewers aren’t able to scan the code in time.
- Logos: Please include the official Drexel LeBow logo, and/or a specific department logo.
Exporting a .Jpg File
- When finished designing, go to DESIGN tab.
- On the right side, choose “Slide Size,” select “Custom Slide Size.”
- Enter dimensions 1920 px x 1080 px (they will change into inches).
- Press OK.
- Go to FILE tab and choose “Export.”
- Select “Change File Type,” then select JPEG, and then select “Save As” and follow the prompt.
- When finished designing, select EXPORT from the File menu.
- From the File Format dropdown menu, select JPG. This will display dimensions.
- Be sure the dimensions in the boxes are set to the following: 1920 width x 1080 height
- Hit the EXPORT button.
- Use subject line: Post to Monitors
- Include requested start and end dates in body of email
- Send final JPG/PNG file as attachment and email to: email@example.com
- You will be notified by email when the file has been posted within 1-2 business days.
Please send your final files at least 2-3 business days before your requested start date when possible.
Design assistance available upon request. Please allow at least 3 weeks before your requested start date if you are requesting design assistance.