Upon acceptance to the Drexel LeBow MBA Program, student applications will automatically be reviewed by our enrollment management team for course waiver and course transfer eligibility. In cases where course waivers are not granted and academic competency is demonstrated in a subject area, students may substitute certain business core courses with a more advanced course that is more suitable to the student’s experience level.
Requests and appeals for waiver/transfer credit evaluations must be made prior to the end of week one of the first term of study. No further considerations will be made after week one of the first term of study.
Course waivers may be considered on a case-by-case basis for students who have an undergraduate major or minor in a business discipline and have at least five years of relevant professional experience in a respective subject area. Students may potentially waive up to 10 credits prior to matriculation into the LeBow MBA program.
Waiver Based on Undergraduate Coursework
- Major or minor and at least 5 years of professional experience in the respective business subject area
- Courses must have been completed within the past seven years
- All courses must have an earned final grade of “B” or better
Waiver Based on Professional Designation
- CPA, CFA, CMA, CGMA, APICS or CSCMP (copy of exam results and/or current license required)
- Post-baccalaureate credit-bearing coursework with a grade of “B” or better from an accredited institution
- Approved courses in LeBow Corporate-Affiliated Executive Education Certificate programs (such as Campbell’s, IBC, Leading for Change)
Graduate credits from an AACSB-accredited graduate business program that have not been previously applied to a degree may be eligible for transfer credit. The combined number of waiver and transfer credits may not exceed 15 credits of the total 49 credits required for the MBA degree.
Transfer Credit Guidelines
- Courses must have been completed at an AACSB-accredited institution or equivalently accredited institution consistent with the degree program or discipline
- Courses must have been completed within the past five years
- Students must have an earned final grade of “B” or better in the course under consideration
Please note: Courses eligible for waivers are subject to change. Waiver and Transfer credits may not be eligible in some cohorted or executive programs.