2020 Corporate Governance Conference
Registration, Breakfast & Lunch, Coffee Breaks: Gerri C. LeBow Hall, room 406 (tentative)
Program: Gerri C. LeBow Hall, room 408 (tentative)
Reception: Gerri C. LeBow Hall, 7th floor lounge
The Raj & Kamla Gupta Governance Institute invites you to join us for our 13th Annual Corporate Governance Conference. The annual conference highlights the profound research by top professors around the world on issues related to corporate governance and the boardroom. The conference will take place during the day on Friday, April 17th, and papers are listed below.
G. William Schwert will give the keynote during the program’s luncheon. As editor of the Journal of Financial Economics for many years, he has a unique perspective on the evolution of corporate governance research.
There will be a best paper award of $1,000 sponsored by WRDS.
Conference Welcome Dinner
On the evening before the conference, you are invited to join us for the welcome dinner to be held at Distrito Restaurant. Distrito presents a vibrant celebration of the culture and cuisine of Mexico City, with a menu focused on the diverse street foods served in what is known by locals as the Distrito Federal (D.F.). The dinner will take place on Thursday, April 16th at 6:00 p.m.
Please reserve your room by March 18, 2020; after which time the room block will be released to the public.
2020 Conference Papers (full conference agenda and papers below)
• The consequences to directors of deploying poison pills. By William C. Johnson, Jonathan M. Karpoff, and Michael D. Wittry. Discussant: Anil Shivdasani
• The many dials of corporate governance. By Kevin D. Chen, Wayne R. Guay, and Richard A. Lambert. Discussant: Andres Almazan
• Retail shareholder participation in the proxy process: Monitoring, engagement, and voting. By Alon Brav, Matthew Cain, Jonathon Zytnick. Discussant: Peter Iliev.
• Spinning the CEO pay ratio disclosure. By Audra Boone, Austin Starkweather, and Joshua T. White. Discussant Jeffrey Coles
• Public attention to gender equality and the demand for female directors. By Mariassunta Giannetti and Tracy Yue Wang. Discussant: Yuhai Xuan
2020 Corporate Governance Conference Agenda
The consequences to directors of deploying poison pills
The many dials of corporate governance
Retail shareholder participation in the proxy process: Monitoring, engagement, and voting
Spinning the CEO pay ratio disclosure
Public attention to gender equality and the demand for female directors
Who should attend?
- Business Community