Call for LeBowX Speakers
This event is part of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion series.
This event is being delivered online, participants must register to receive the link.
LeBowX provides a platform for four LeBow community members to present 5- to 10-minute, TED Talk–inspired presentations focused on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). This event is open to the entire University.
LeBowX is tentatively set to take place on Tuesday, May 16, at 4 p.m. EDT. Speaker applications are currently open, and they will close on Monday, April 17.
- Speakers must be currently enrolled Drexel undergraduate or graduate students, LeBow faculty/staff members or they must be LeBow alumni
- Speakers will have 5 to 7 minutes to talk about the topic of their choice (within reason, and as long as it fits the DEI Action Group’s mission)
- Potential speakers must submit an essay as to why they feel passionately about a certain topic, why they want to share their story and an abridged version of their speech. Questions to consider: Why do you care about diversity and inclusion? What does it mean to you? Why is it important? What is your connection to the topic? What is your story? Why do you want to share your story? If given the opportunity to share your story with Drexel, how would you present it? Use this opportunity to begin framing your speech. (Note: We don’t expect you to have your speech fully developed, but having ideas and topics you want to discuss will help your mentors align your vision with action.)
- Speaker applications are currently open and will close on Monday, April 17.
Resources and Incentives Available to Student Speakers
- One to two mentors from the DEI Action Group
- Public-speaking coach/sessions
- Rehearsals in front of DEI Action Group to provide constructive feedback
Associate Director, Undergraduate Programs and Recruitment
Gerri C. LeBow Hall 333