Gerri C. LeBow Hall
Gerri C. LeBow Hall
Due to on-campus restrictions and Philadelphia city guidelines, access is limited to Gerri C. LeBow Hall at this time. For more information, please visit the COVID-19 community health and safety guidelines.
The 12-story, 177,500-square-foot home for LeBow College of Business is located at the heart of the Drexel University campus, at the intersection of Woodland Walk and Market Street, where it forms a gateway to Drexel and a backdrop to the historic statue of A. J. Drexel (Moses Ezekiel, 1904). The diagonal massing of the lower floors follows Woodland Walk and combines with the new Papadakis Integrated Sciences Building (Diamond & Schmitt, 2011) to energize the University’s central quadrangle. The building’s tower will mark the LeBow College and Drexel campus from all directions while the open, glassy Market Street façade will showcase the College’s student activities to passersby.
The building’s organization unites the school’s various constituencies around a five-story-high atrium ringed by classrooms, student lounges, events spaces, and offices. The atrium is immediately accessible from main entrances at the three corners of the building. An open stair within the atrium leads to a 300-seat auditorium and 100-seat lecture hall one floor below and to a divisible multipurpose room and additional classrooms above. The building’s upper floors contain faculty offices interspersed with seminar rooms and group study rooms. The top floor houses the Dean’s suite and a boardroom and conference suite that opens to east- and west-facing terraces.
The building’s warm masonry and glass exterior reflects the emerging vocabulary of the next generation of Drexel buildings. Sophisticated solar shading devices allow maximum transparency between the inside and outside while supporting the building’s high environmental aspirations.
Key Building Features
- Five-story atrium
- Finance trading lab with Bloomberg Terminal Room
- 300-seat auditorium
- 160-seat event space
- 100-seat lecture hall
- 45-seat faculty seminar room
- Four 45-seat computer classrooms
- Three 60-seat classrooms
- Two 50-seat classrooms
- Two 45-seat Executive MBA classrooms
- Two 24-seat classrooms
- Special areas for experiential learning simulations and business consulting
- Videoconferencing capabilities
- Integrated teaching technology in all classrooms
- Recording studio to support LeBow College’s online programs
- Extensive areas for students to gather socially and for collaborative study, including student collaboration rooms, two quiet study areas, and 3,500 square feet of student social space
- EMBA Alumni Lounge for the exclusive use of EMBA alumni
- Behavioral Studies Lab
- Green Globe certifiable, meeting worldwide sustainability standards