Zoom allows for screen sharing on desktop, tablet and mobile devices when participating in a meeting through the Zoom app.
- Both hosts and attendees are able to share screen content.
- The host does not need to grant screen share access for another participant to share their screen.
- The host can prevent participants from accessing screen share.
- Connect to a Zoom meeting.
- Select Screen Share located in the meeting controls toolbar t the top of the Zoom window.
- Select the screen you want to share. You can also choose an individual application that is already open on your computer, the desktop, or a whiteboard (for on-screen annotation).
- Share Computer Sound: If you check this option, any sound played by your computer will be shared in the meeting.
- Check Optimize for full screen video clip: Check this if you will be sharing a video clip in full screen mode. Do not check this otherwise, as it may cause the shared screen to be blurry.
- Optional Features:
- Select Share.
Zoom will automatically switch to full screen. To exit full-screen, select Exit Full Screen in the top-right corner or press the Esc key.
Share Screen Menu Options
When you start sharing your screen, the meeting controls will move into a menu that you can drag around your screen with the following options:
- Mute/Unmute: Mute or unmute your microphone.
- Start/Stop Video: Start or stop your in-meeting video.
- Participants/Manage Participants: View or manage the participants (if the host).
- New Share: Start a new screen share. You will be prompted to select which screen you want to share again.
- Pause Share: Pause your current shared screen.
- Annotate or Whiteboard: Display annotation tools for drawing, adding text, etc.
More: Additional options:
- Chat: Open the chat window.
- Invite: Invite others to join the meeting.
- Record: Start recording locally or to the cloud.
- Allow/Disable participants annotation: Allow or prevent the participants from annotating on your shared screen.
- Show/Hide Names of Annotators: Show or hide the participants’ name when they are annotating on a screen share. If set to show, the participant’s name will briefly display beside their annotation.
- Live on Workplace by Facebook: Share your meeting or webinar on Workplace by Facebook. Learn more about live-streaming a webinar. Learn more about live-streaming a meeting.
- Optimize Share for Full-screen Video Clip: Start optimizing for a video clip in full screen mode. Note: Do not enable this setting if you are not sharing a full screen video clip, as it will blur your screen share.
- End Meeting: Leave the meeting or end the meeting for all participants.
Restricting Screen Sharing for Participants
- While in a meeting, select Security from the Zoom toolbar.
- Select Share Screen to disable (unchecked) participants ability to share their screen during a meeting.
Instructions for creating an online meeting in Zoom.
Instructions for editing a Zoom online meeting.
Instructions for downloading a Zoom online meeting recording.
Instructions for creating breakout rooms and moving participants into/out of these rooms during a Zoom online meeting.