Follow the instructions below to create an online meeting using Zoom.
- Browse to http://drexel.zoom.us and select Sign in Standard.
- Sign in using your Drexel credentials.
- Select Meetings from the menu on the left.
- Select Schedule a Meeting on the right of the main window.
- Complete the Schedule a Meeting form with the appropriate information.
- Topic: We recommend using your course name or other recognizable descriptors. (ex. ZOOM101-001 - Introduction to Zoom)
- When: Set the date and time you want the meeting to begin.
- Duration: Set the length of the meeting.
- Recurring meeting Set this option along with the associated form if the meeting will occur on a regular basis.
- Meeting Options: Select Enable join before host if you would like to allow your participants to join the meeting before you. If you would like to record the meeting, also select the Record the meeting automatically option and choose In the cloud.
- Refer to Optional Meeting Settings for additional configuration items.
- Select Save.
- Once the meeting is created, select Copy the invitation.
- Select Copy Meeting Invitation.
- Paste the Meeting Invitation text into an email or calendar appointment to provide participants with the relevant connectivity information.
Optional Meeting Settings
|Video: Host||on||Automatically mute the video feed of the host when they enter the meeting.|
|off||Automatically share the video feed of the host when they enter the meeting.|
|Video: Participant||on||Automatically mute the video feed of participants as they enter the meeting.|
|off||Automatically share the video feed of participants as they enter the meeting.|
|Computer Audio||Not Recommended|
|Both||Recommended: Allow participants to call in via telephone.|
|Dial from the United States||edit||Allow international participants from specific countries to call into a meeting.|
|Meeting Options||Require meeting password||Require participants to enter a password before joining a meeting.|
|Enable join before host||Allow participants into the meeting even if the host has not joined. NOTE: If you select this option and automatic recording is enabled, anyone joining the session will start the recording. As such, you may receive recording emails as participants test the Zoom URL.|
|Mute participants upon entry||Must audio feeds for all participants as they enter the meeting. NOTE: If you select this option and are connecting from an LCB classroom, the room will also be muted and you will have to log on to Zoom as a host to unmute it. Rooms cannot be unmuted from the podium.|
|Use Personal Meeting ID ###-###-####||Use a static Meeting ID instead of the randomly generated ID.|
|Enable waiting room||Group participants in a space separate from the meeting until the host accepts them into the meeting proper.|
|Record the meeting automatically||Records the Zoom session in its entirety. Set the record location to In the cloud|
|Alternative Hosts||email addresses||Allow other individuals to act as the host within the meeting. The alternate host emails addresses must be the official Drexel email address (ex. First.Middle.LastName@drexel.edu).|
Instructions for editing a Zoom online meeting.
Instructions for creating breakout rooms and moving participants into/out of these rooms during a Zoom online meeting.
Instructions for adding cameras in LCB videoconferencing-equipped classrooms to a Zoom online meeting recording.
Instructions for downloading a Zoom online meeting recording.