Continual innovation of digital products and platforms requires strategic alignment of information technology to ensure a firm’s success. Today, successful organizations rely on leadership from employees who can shape policy, manage projects and deliver return on investments in technology.
The Certificate in Information Technology Strategy and Execution is a new interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program, jointly offered by the LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), designed to train the next generation of digital strategists.
This certificate is part of a suite of five business information technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including the foundational Certificate in Information Technology and Management.
Information Technology Strategy and Execution Certificate Coursework
5 required core courses (15 credits):
- MIS 612: Aligning Information Systems and Business Strategies
- MIS 641: MIS Policy and Strategy
- ORGB 602: Leading and Executing Change
- SE 630: Software Engineering Economics
- SE 638: Software Project Management
Information Technology Strategy and Execution Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/statement of purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for international students
Customize Your Education With BIT Certificates
LeBow and CCI also offer a suite of certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Certificate in Information Technology Strategy and Execution, we offer four additional modular, stackable certificates in business information technology: