As technology continues to impact almost every industry, companies are increasingly in need of professionals with both business and information technology knowledge who can leverage technology to help solve problems and transform organizations. Drexel’s new Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT) provides students with the tools to evaluate and manage technology needs to inform business decisions.
MSBIT is an interdisciplinary master’s program offered through LeBow College of Business and the College of Computing & Informatics (CCI). Students in the program benefit from a cross-cutting, market-responsive curriculum led by Drexel’s world-class business and technology faculty experts. Our stackable graduate certificate model is a flexible pathway that allows students to customize the program and gain credentials along the way.
Master’s in Business Information Technology Program Features
- 15 course (45 credit) program
- Specialized courses offered through CCI and LeBow provide both practical technical and business knowledge.
- Curriculum combines business and information technology perspectives to allow students to understand how information technology is applied in an organizational setting.
- Students specialize their studies through the stackable certificate program structure. Certificates are comprised of five courses for a total of 15 credits. Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology & Management certificate in addition to two of the four certificates listed below:
- Designed for those who have either a technical or business background with relevant work experience to gain experience in information technology and management.
Our MSBIT program is a 45 credit hour degree and can be completed:
- Philadelphia Campus: Full-time or Part-time
- Online: Full-time or Part-time
Business Information Technology Course Requirements & Descriptions
15 courses total (45 credits):
- Required certificate (15 credits) in Information Technology & Management
- Students choose two of four additional certificates (30 credits total):
MS in Business Information Technology Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for international students
Customize Your Education with Our Business Information Technology Certificates
CCI and LeBow also offer a suite of graduate certificates to allow students to customize their education. Our modular, stackable certificates in Business Information Technology include:
- Digital Transformation: Focuses on preparing an organization for the rapid changes required to embrace technologies that are transforming industries.
- Information Systems Development: Emphasizes the process of analyzing, designing and deploying information systems.
- Information Technology & Management (Required): Provides fundamental knowledge, business application, management and administration of information technology.
- Information Technology Strategy & Execution: Emphasizes software economics, project management, information technology planning, and strategy and execution.
- Organizational Security: Emphasizes securing business information infrastructure, cloud security, security policy, assurance and forensics.
For more information, please contact Kate Sonstein, LeBow College of Business’ associate director of graduate recruitment and admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt Lechtenberg, College of Computing & Informatics’ director of recruitment, at email@example.com.