BRIDGE is a LeBow College of Business program and learning community created in 2012 to support underrepresented students as they develop into the leaders of the future.
BRIDGE scholars represent majors across the LeBow College of Business and share a commitment to excelling academically and consistently achieving GPAs above the average student and those in other university learning communities. They excel professionally through securing prestigious co-op positions with top employers including Johnson & Johnson, Comcast, KPMG, Ernst & Young and PricewaterhouseCoopers, among others.
The program’s mission is to Build Relationships in Diverse Group Experiences by developing student potential and preparing them for an ever-changing world. BRIDGE exists to enhance the student experience and foster a sense of belonging, engagement and empowerment to ensure student success at Drexel.
The BRIDGE Program has four focused pillars for student success:
- Academic Excellence - Students are provided one-on-one academic support and advising to ensure their retention, persistence and graduation.
- Community Service - Students participate in enriching community service experiences to better themselves through improving their community and society.
- Financial Literacy - Students are equipped with the skills to understand personal financial management and planning for a strong future.
- Social Engagement - Students are provided space and activities to learn about themselves and others in a comfortable environment.
Programs and Events
The BRIDGE program offers a variety of events and programs for its scholars to engage with each other and develop as students, professionals and leaders in the community. Activities may vary for each cohort of students, but regularly include many of the following:
- Corporate Site Visits - BRIDGE scholars are offered the opportunity to meet business leaders across Philadelphia through off-campus site visits where they can explore business spaces and meet company leadership. Some site visits have included KPMG and Comcast.
- Educational Workshops - Educational workshops on a variety of topics are offered each year with expert presenters sharing their wisdom and insight with BRIDGE scholars. Some workshops have included academic success workshops, Ernst & Young Dress for Success Workshop, financial literacy training and Johnson & Johnson diversity training.
- Cultural Immersion Trips - Cultural immersion trips offer BRIDGE scholars the opportunity to explore the world outside of Drexel and Philadelphia. Some immersion trips have included travel to Washington D.C., New York City and the annual spring break immersion trip (2016-California; 2017-Oregon and Washington).
- Social Activities - Members come together regularly to a share a meal or activity to support the interpersonal aspect of the BRIDGE program and help student develop a network of support. Some activities include Sunday dinners, athletic activities and student and alumni networking events.
- Civic Engagement - BRIDGE scholars are actively involved service to the Philadelphia community through mentoring at local middle and high schools and other projects, including Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service and Month of Kindness.