Executive Leadership and Merchandising
This course can be taken as part of the Certificate in Executive Retail Leadership, or it can be taken as a stand-alone course.
In this module, participants will explore what it takes to be strong leaders and mentors so each of their team members can flourish in their role and career. Participants will learn about important topics, such as how to develop skills to grow successfully in their roles, how to adapt quickly to change, the crucial factors in transforming themselves and their teams, the importance of developing talent and listening skills to identify the strengths of each person on their teams and creating a culture of energy, thoughtful risk-taking, passion and warmth.
Additional Topics Covered Include:
- Discovering early leadership skills crucial to success in retail and merchandising
- Adapting to change and looking forward — not in the rearview mirror
- Learning about the balance of art and science in merchandising
Course Meetings Times:
- Tuesday, Sept. 14 (6–7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Sept. 28 (6–7:30 p.m.)
Who should attend?
- Business Community
- Higher Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Executive Retail Leadership