Thinking about going back to school for a masters of science (MS) or masters of business administration degree (MBA)? If you, not sure if a part-time program will be compatible with your current work situation or are wondering if you should go to school full time, consider the following.
Students who attend part-time attend the same courses, receive the same level of attention from faculty and staff and have the same access to resources, including career services and academic advising, as full-time students.
- Allows you take classes in the evening while still maintaining full-time or part-time employment
- Offers same classes and utilize the same resources as full-time students
- Keeps you busy and continues to develop your time management skills
- Allows you to schedule courses in line with your finances and even utilize tuition remission programs
- Takes longer to finish your program, depending on how many classes you take per term
- Can be challenging for some students to balance work and school
Full-time MBA and MS programs are great for those who are not currently working, are recent graduates looking to expand their education before entering the workforce or want to finish as quickly as possible.
- Allows you to finish quickly, in just 18 to 24 months
- Provides you more time to intern, volunteer or participate in additional experiential opportunities outside of just classes and studying
- Offers you the opportunity to immerse yourself completely in your academic research and studies
- Can be more financially burdensome if unemployed
- Can be difficult to decide if the quicker completion time is worth leaving current full-time employment
At Drexel LeBow, we offer all of our MS programs, as well as our MBA, in both full-time and part-time formats. Our admissions staff is happy to discuss which option best fits your career goals and life responsibilities.