- Log into your LEARN course
- From the Control Panel, click on Grade Center
- From the expanded menu, choose Needs Grading
- This page will display a list of all the students who have submitted anything that needs an instructor’s attention
From this page, instructors have three options for grading:
- First, hovering over an assignment name will display the drop-down arrow. Clicking on the drop-down arrow will display a menu of options: the first option is to Grade All Users on their submissions for that assignment. Note that the number displayed in parenthesis is the number of ungraded submissions in the dropbox.
- The second option is to grade all the submissions for that assignment without student names attached, also known as Anonymous Grading. Anonymous Grading is useful for reducing grading bias.
- Finally, if an instructor wishes to grade the individual student’s attempt, clicking on that student’s name will open up the submission in the Box previewer. From the Box previewer, instructors can leave feedback and assign a score.
Note: After an assignment has left the Needs Grading page, it can still be located in the Full Grade Center in case updates need to be made.