To download a Zoom recording, follow these steps:
- Log into your Zoom account at drexel.zoom.us using the Standard Sign In option (you can right-click the link to open it in a new window)
- Navigate to the Recordings section in the left-hand navigation
- Click on the title of the recording that you wish to download
- Download the “Shared Screen with Speaker View” format by clicking on the download icon shown in the image below:
After downloading the Zoom recording, follow the instructions below to log into Drexel Streams and upload your video.
Accessing Drexel Streams:
- Log into Drexel One at one.drexel.edu (you can right-click the link to open it in a new window)
- Navigate to the Campus + Community tab on the top right
- Scroll down to the bottom right of the page until you see the “Technology Services” section
- Click on the Drexel Steams link to open Drexel Streams
Uploading your video to Drexel Streams:
- Click on Add New in the top right and select Media Upload
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Click the Choose a File to Upload button to browse your computer and select the Zoom recording you just downloaded
- Be sure to clearly title your video. We recommend including the lecture’s topic, as well as the folder in which it should appear in your course. Clearly labeling these will help you when you’re ready to get them into Blackboard. The title can always be updated as well should that title need to be changed
- We also highly recommend tagging your videos. Doing so will make it easy to find all the videos you recorded for a specific course. We recommend you create a tag for the course title and the term which the class was held. For example, here are some basic tags that might be used:
- FA 20-21
You can also change the privacy settings as you are uploading. It will default to “Private”. You should not have to change this setting to include them in Blackboard.
Adding your videos to Blackboard from Drexel Streams
Your Blackboard account and Drexel Streams account are integrated, so any video you have in Drexel Streams can be added to your course straight from within Blackboard.
To add your Drexel Streams video to a course in Blackboard, follow these steps:
- Log into Blackboard at learn.drexel.edu, and click on the desired course
- Navigate to the course location area where you would like to add your video
- Go to Build Content > Kaltura Media (found in the Mashups section)
- Select your video by either scrolling through your Drexel Streams library or by searching for the video in the search field
- Title your selected video. This title can be different than the video title you created in Drexel Streams. You can also add an optional description and set the availability dates.
- Click Submit
This is the recommended practice for adding your videos to your course in Blackboard, which will help ensure that students are able to play videos seamlessly.