2023 Directors Dialogue
Grant East & Grant Center rooms
140 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Directors Dialogue is an annual program that brings together world-renowned corporate directors and c-suite executives to engage in candid discussions of key governance topics.
As the role of the public company director continues to evolve, board members are often faced with more complex decisions and increased demands on time. Directors Dialogue continues to curate panels of the top thought leaders to engage participants in interactive, high-level governance discussions. Participants hear first-hand accounts of the challenging experiences faced by fellow corporate directors. While engaging with the panelists and other participants, attendees gain insights into the standards by which their peers oversee their respective boards, as well as cutting-edge governance practices to take back to their own boards.
The annual Directors Dialogue Dinner brings together business leaders and will feature a keynote discussion with thought leader William McNabb III. Each year, the dinner concludes the Directors Dialogue program. It is one of the Center for Corporate Governance’s signature events and is considered by many to be one of the foremost corporate governance events of the year.
12 – 12:25 p.m. Check-in & lunch
12:25 – 12:30 p.m. Welcome
12:30 - 1:30 Session I: The Everchanging Business Environment: Drivers of Change and Assessment of Risk
- Shelley Leibowitz, President, SL Advisory; Director, Morgan Stanley; Elastic; Supply Wisdom; BitSight; NACD NY Chapter; Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Dan Gallagher, Chief Legal and Corporate Affairs Officer, Robinhood
- Daniel Neff, Co-Chairman of the Executive Committee and Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- David Giroux, Chief Investment Officer and Head of Investment Strategy, T. Rowe Price Investment Management
- Moderated by Glenn Booraem, Principal, Office of the General Counsel, Vanguard
1:30 - 1:40 p.m. Break
1:40 - 2:40 Session II: Bold Strategy and Flawless Execution while Managing Risk
- Denise Devine, Founder & CEO, FNB Holdings, LLC; Co-Founder, CAO and CFO, RTM Vital Signs, LLC; Director, AgroFresh; SelectQuote Insurance Services; Fulton Financial Corporation
- Edward Breen, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DuPont; Director, IFF; Comcast
- Denise Gibson, Cofounder and Chair, Ice Mobility; Director, Orica; VOXX International Corporation
- Moderated by Kim Ann Mink, PhD, Director, Air Liquide; Eastman; Avient Corporation
2:40 - 2:50 p.m. Break
2:50 - 3:50 p.m. Session III: Recruiting, Retaining and Rewarding Talent
- Ron Williams, Chairman and CEO, RW2 Enterprises, LLC; Director, Warby Parker; Boeing; agilon health
- Jack “Rusty” O’Kelley, Managing Director, Board & CEO Advisory Partners, Russell Reynolds Associates; Director, Lincoln Center Theater
- Bill Strahan, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Comcast
- Deanna Byrne, Managing Partner, Philadelphia Office, PwC
- Moderated by Tanuja Dehne, President & CEO, Dodge Foundation; Director, Granite Point Mortgage Trust Inc.; Climate Real Impact Solutions II Acquisition Corp.
3:50 - 5:00 p.m. Session VI: Small Group Sessions:
- Role of the Board and Committees
- Best Practices for Successful Execution
- Best Practices for Communicating with Stakeholders
5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Directors Dialogue Dinner
Featuring Keynote discussion with William McNabb, Former chair and CEO, Vanguard; Director, UnitedHealth Group; IBM; Axiom; Vanilla; Altruist; Nexii; and Dawn Zier, Former CEO, Nutrisystem; Director, Spirit Airlines; The Hain Celestial Group; Prestige Consumer Healthcare.
Drexel University’s Gupta Governance Institute is a proud member of the NACD Education Network. For directors who are NACD Directorship Certified, the Directors Dialogue program provides 5 recertification credits toward NACD Directorship Certification.