Chapel Leadership Program
The Chapel Leadership Program is an enriching, co-curricular opportunity available to all Drexel LeBow undergraduate students. By participating in designated programs, coursework, workshops and seminars, students will develop transferrable leadership skills, such as self-awareness, professional adaptability, motivation, cultural awareness and communication.
Students interested in the program will register as a Chapel Fellow with Caitlin Brady, associate director of Undergraduate Programs and Recruitment. Fellows will be evaluated every year to ensure they are making satisfactory progress towards completing the program. Opportunities will be mapped to the five identified leadership competencies and will be managed using DragonLink. Upon successful completion, students will be deemed Chapel Leadership Scholars. Scholars will be acknowledged during the annual executive leadership summit and receive graduation stoles.
Students are required to fulfill two requirements relating to student leadership and four requirements relating to engagement and academic opportunities.
Student Leadership (must satisfy 2 items)
- Serve as a LeBow Peer Leader and/or Teaching Assistant
- Serve on the Dean’s Student Advisory Board
- Become an Academic Peer Advisor
- Become an Executive Board Member of a Drexel student organization or learning community
- Speak at TEDx LeBow
- Present at an academic conference
- Initiate a new program/idea to create a positive impact within a community (to be approved by Undergraduate Programming Team)
- Serve as a Resident Assistant for at least one academic year
- Serve as a Campus Ambassador for at least one academic year
Engagement and Academic Opportunities (must satisfy 4 items)
- Participate in the STAR Scholars Program
- Serve as an Undergraduate Research Fellow
- Active membership in a Drexel student organization
- Participate in a LeBow Learning Community
- Participation in Case Competitions
- Study Abroad
- Co-op Abroad
- Participate in an Intensive Course Abroad
- Honors Society membership
- Successful completion of a Drexel Co-op
- Completion of ORGB300, with good academic standing
- Completion of a Drexel consulting course, with good academic standing
- Participate in an academic conference
The Chapel Leadership Program is made possible through a generous gift from R. John Chapel Jr ’67, and his wife, Jinnie.