To participate in online discussions and collaboration with Microsoft Teams, you will need to sign into Teams with your Drexel credentials. Use the steps below to get started.
Accessing Microsoft Teams
You will receive an invitation email from Teams with the subject line “You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams.” If you cannot find this email invitation, notify your course instructor.
- From the email invitation, select Open Microsoft Teams
- If you already have the Teams app downloaded to your device, select Open Microsoft Teams or Launch it now from the webpage that appears. If you do not have the Teams app, select Download the Windows/Mac/IOS App, then follow the prompts to download and install Teams on your device.
- Once Teams has launched on your device, you will need to sign in using your Drexel username (abc123) and password. You may also be prompted to sign in using Multi-Factor Authentication.
- After signing into the Teams app, you should be taken directly to your class’s team. If you cannot find the team associated with your class, click on the Teams button in the left-hand navigation to view any teams to which you have been added.
- If you would like to learn more about the tools and features in Teams, visit Microsoft’s Interactive Teams Demo
Managing Teams Notifications
To ensure that you do not miss important course messages, select Settings and More […] in the top-right corner of the Teams app, then select Channel Notifications.
- To receive notifications for all activity in teams, select All Activity (Recommended)
- To customize the notification settings to your preferences, select Custom, then use the dropdown menus to select your preferred Teams settings.
- To learn more about managing Teams notifications, visit the following guide: First Things to Know About Notifications