The Role of Corporate Governance Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic Panel Discussion
Missed the event? Watch the full webinar.
Join the Gupta Governance Institute for a virtual panel discussing, “The Role of Corporate Governance Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic.” The dramatic increase in uncertainty, along dimensions that few of us have witnessed during our lifetimes, raises difficult questions for corporations.
During the discussion, panelists will explore topics such as:
- Why corporate governance is so important during this time
- Executive compensation: re-evaluating 2020 pay and setting targets going forward
- The role (or non-role) of recent company buybacks on companies’ ability to handle the crisis
- Falling stock prices, the risks of activist intervention and the increasing adoption of poison pills
- The implications of the CARES Act
David J. Denis
Roger S. Ahlbrandt Sr. Chair in Finance, University of Pittsburgh
Jonathan M. Karpoff
Professor of Finance and Washington Mutual Endowed Chair in Innovation, University of Washington
Kevin J. Murphy
Kenneth L. Trefftzs Chair in Finance and Professor of Finance and Business Economics, University of Southern California
Michelle Lowry, Moderator
Academic Director of Gupta Governance Institute, TD Bank Professor of Finance, Drexel University
Following the panel discussion, there will be time reserved for Q&A.
Who should attend?
- Business Community