Certificate in Information Systems Development
Companies of all sizes depend on information systems to manage their operations, production, communications, records, distribution, sales and customer interactions. Information systems often need to be developed and/or customized for the specific needs of the company or industry and with business goals in mind.
Drexel’s new Information Systems Development Certificate is an interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program jointly offered by Drexel’s LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) that provides broad knowledge on analyzing, designing and deploying information systems.
This certificate is part of a suite of five business information technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including our required foundational Certificate in Information Technology & Management.
Information Systems Development Certificate Coursework
5 required courses (15 credits):
- INFO 540: Perspectives on Information Systems
- INFO 650: Database Management Systems
- CT 630: Application Software Construction and Operation
- MIS 624: System Analysis & Design
- MIS 652: Business Agility and IT
Information Systems Development Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for international students
Customize Your Education With BIT Certificates
CCI and LeBow offer a suite of certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Information Systems Development Certificate, we offer the following modular, stackable certificates in business information technology.
Note: Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology & Management certificate in addition to two other certificates.