LeBow College of Business PhD Program Alumni Celebration
Save the date: May 15, 2020 for the LeBow PhD Program Alumni event. We invite you to join us for this celebration to reconnect with old classmates, friends, faculty, and staff and see the many new changes to campus including the business school’s new building, Gerri C. LeBow Hall.
The day’s events will feature:
- Various alumni presenting in the research seminars across the fields
- Professional development panels for alums and current PhD students
- An evening reception at the end of the day. (Click the Sign-Up button above to register and so we know how much food and drink to get!)
Other reasons to come:
- For Econ and other interested alumni, there is a conference at LeBow on New Developments on the Macroeconomics of Labor Markets starting on Thursday, May 14. The conference is being jointly hosted by the School of Economics and the Philadelphia Federal Reserve. No registration fee for the conference.
- The Management Department is hosting a research talk by Sharon Alvarez (Pittsburgh), Associate Editor of Academy of Management Review
- It’s actually Drexel’s alumni weekend, so there’s lots more happening on campus!
- Sarah wants to see you.
We are looking for help!! Alumni, please participate in professional development panels on topics such as teaching, the job market, work-life balance as an Assistant Professor, and getting published. If you would like to be a part of an alumni panel and pass on your knowledge/experiences, please let us know by e-mailing Sarah Haley, email@example.com, or Chris Laincz, firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideas for panel topics are welcome.
Please also register here and you can let others know you’re coming via LeBow PhD Facebook Event page.
10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Accounting Seminar, Michael Paz (Cornell), Beth Vermeer-Collier (Delaware), Yaou Zhou (Rutgers-Camden) and Matthew Reidenbach (James Madison)
10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Management Seminar, Sharon Alvarez (U Pitt)
Decision Sciences Seminar, Yanni Ping (St. John’s)
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Finance Seminar, Adam Yore (Missouri)
Marketing Seminar, Jennifer Barr (Stockton) & Brent Smith (Emerson College)
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Lunch Discussion
1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Management Event with students & alumni
2 - 3:30 p.m.
Economics Seminar, Tom Zylkin (Richmond) & Delina Agnosteva (tentative, Penn State)
3:30 - 4:30 p.m. Discussion Topic and Activity to be Determined
4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Reception in LeBow
5:30 - 7 p.m.
Alumni Beer Garden (tentative)
Who should attend?
- PhD Business
- PhD Program
- PhD Economics
- Decision Sciences and MIS