Call for TEDx LeBow Speakers!
TEDx LeBow provides a platform for four LeBow students to present a 10-minute TED talk focused on diversity and inclusion. This event is open to the entire University as an official celebration during the Undergraduate Week of Excellence.
TEDx LeBow will take place virtually on Wednesday, May 19th via Zoom at 6 p.m. EST.
- Speakers must be a currently enrolled LeBow undergraduate graduate, graduate student or alumnus/a
- Speakers will have 10 minutes to speak about the topic of their choice (within reason and as long as it fits the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Action Group’s mission)
Potential speakers must submit an essay as to why they feel passionately about a certain topic, why they want to share their story and an abridged version of their speech. Questions to consider: Why do you care about diversity and inclusion? What does it mean to you? Why is it important? What is your connection to the topic? What is your story? Why do you want to share your story? If given the opportunity to share your story with Drexel, how would you present it? Use this opportunity to begin framing your speech. (Note: We don’t expect you to have your speech fully developed but having ideas and topics you want to discuss will help your mentors alight your vision with action.)
Speaker applications are currently open and close on Sunday, April 25 at 12 a.m. EST.
Resources and incentives available to student speakers
- 1-2 mentors from the DEI Action Group
- Public speaking coach/sessions
- Rehearsals in front of DEI Action Group to provide constructive feedback
Interested in Speaking?
Who should attend?
- Current Students
- Continuing Professional Education