Strategic Patterning for Retail and Merchandising
This course can be taken as part of the Certificate in Executive Retail & Merchandising Leadership, or it can be taken as a stand-alone course.
Strategic retail patterning is a way for businesses to look at stores, brands and categories of merchandise in a rigorous, fact-based and disciplined procedure. It’s about being purposeful in research to identify relevant patterns. A solid, strategic patterning plan saves time and money by staying focused while uncovering future growth opportunities in merchandising categories. In this module, participants will discover the process for successful patterning, take part in a field exercise to implement the process and have an opportunity to share their learnings.
Topics Covered Include:
- Recognizing the details of the patterning process
- Understanding the seven-step strategic process of patterning
- Engaging in patterning case studies and experiential scenarios
Course Meetings Times:
- Tuesday, Feb. 8 (6–7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Feb. 22 (6–7:30 p.m.)
Who should attend?
- Business Community
- Higher Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Executive Retail and Merchandising Leadership