Retail Brands Across the Spectrum: Stores, Digital, Television and Social Media [Capstone Module]
This is the capstone module of the Certificate in Executive Retail & Merchandising Leadership. It is not meant to be taken as a stand-alone course and is only intended for individuals who have completed modules 1–5.
Branding impacts how a retailer, manufacturer or designer will stand out in today’s competitive marketplace. In this module, participants will examine how successful brands use storytelling to create an identity for products in order to engage consumers. No matter what the retailing platform and channel, the key to companies’ success is messaging and how customers relate! Participants will learn how to think critically about branding, from the medium to the message, and not simply take advertisements at face value.
Topics Covered Include:
- Examining why certain retail brands are more successful than others
- Understanding that branding is a longitudinal process with trial and error
- Understanding why brand messaging must evolve and change both with the story and the platforms used
*As part of this final module, participants pursuing the certificate will complete a capstone project that leverages their industry experience and learnings from certificate modules.
Course Meetings Times:
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022 (6–7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 22, 2022 (6–7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 29, 2022 (6–7:30 p.m.)
Who should attend?
- Business Community
- Higher Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Executive Retail and Merchandising Leadership