STEM Designated Degree Program
LeBow’s STEM designated programs provide interdisciplinary technical and mathematical skills, as well as the business acumen needed to help solve complex business issues and help navigate the future of business.
STEM Designated Degree Programs are designated by the Department of Homeland Security. F-1 students can apply for a 24-month OPT Extension if they:
- Receive a STEM degree
- Are employed by employers enrolled in the E-Verify system
- Have received an initial approval of Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) employment authorization related to such a degree
Students must apply for the 24-month OPT extension prior to the expiration of their Post-Completion OPT. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) accept 24-month OPT Extension applications as early as 120 days before the expiration of a Post-Completion OPT.
STEM Designated Degree Programs in the LeBow College of Business include:
- BS in Business and Engineering (for students that started Fall 2018 or later) (52.1301)
- BSBA in Business Analytics (52.1304)
- BS in Economics (45.0603 Econometrics and Quantitative Economics)
- MS in Business Analytics (52.1302 Business Statistics, 52.1304 Actuarial Science)
- MS in Economics (45.0603 Econometrics and Quantitative Economics)
- MS in Economics & Computer Science (45.0603 Econometrics and Quantitative Economics)
- MS in Supply Chain Management and Logistics (52.0203: Logistics and Materials Management)
- PhD in Economics (45.0603 Econometrics and Quantitative Economics)
Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars Services at email@example.com for detailed information and assistance on OPT.